1. What is eBilling?
eBilling is a web application which allows for the completion and submission of invoices to the Regional Centers.
2. Who can use eBilling?
Purchase of Service (POS) vendors whose services rendered are authorized by the Regional Center.
3. How do I know if I am set up to use eBilling through the Regional Center?
You must have completed the enrollment form provided to you by the Regional Center and will have received the information needed to login and use eBilling.
4. What is an enrollment packet?
An enrollment packet or enrollment form is a binding agreement between the service provider (vendor) and the Regional Center..
5. Who can have a Login?
Regional Center employees and employees of a service provider (vendor) with a completed enrollment form.
6. Whom do I contact when eBilling is down?
Service Providers (Vendors) would contact their Regional Center representative.
7. What happens if a vendor is trying to bill more than authorized?
The vendor receives a message when they click on the ‘Update’ or ‘Update-Next’ button. The specific message depends on whether the Regional Center has set up the service code to allow for billing over the authorized amount. If the Regional Center is not allowed billing over the authorized amount, the vendor will receive the following message:
The vendor will need to reduce the units or dollars billed so that it no longer exceeds the authorized amount. Or, check the “Defer” (Regenerate Invoice Line) box to indicate that they cannot bill for the appropriate amount. It is recommended that when a vendor has selected the “Defer” checkbox, they add to the comments the reason they cannot bill so that the Regional Center will know how to proceed.
If the Regional Center has set up the service code to allow billing over the authorized amount, the vendor will see the following message:
Click ‘OK’, then select an “Overage Reason” and click on ‘Update’ or ‘Update-Next’ button. The entry line will be accepted.
8. We are using the check box calendar for transportation services. The vendor is unable to bill if the authorized amount has been
pro-rated in the authorization. They get the message that gross amount is greater than the authorized amount, and they cannot update
the invoice line. Also, when an authorization begins or ends during the month, the vendor always ends up with $0 and a
pro-ration required message. What are we doing wrong?
In the checkbox calendar, the payment is always computed as the authorized units times the authorized rate. When an authorization begins or ends during the month, the program is set to always compute the payment as zero dollars and to notify the Regional Center that manual pro-ration is required. This calendar is designed for residential services where manual pro-ration and verification of benefits are necessary when a consumer is in a facility for less than the full month.
1. How do I access the SDP eBilling page?
From the regional center eBilling (Home) page
a. Select “Launch Application”
b. Input your SDP user ID in the “Username” field and your password in the “password” field.
NOTE: The modules are user role based and share one environment.
2. How will the Financial Management Services (FMS) be notified the budget is available?
When the budget is approved, the FMS Administrator for the “FMS#” will receive an email stating a budget for UCI###### has been approved.
3. I received an email stating my invoice was rejected. How do I know why it was rejected?
Some emails may provide you with a brief description of the reason; however, in most instances you may need to contact the regional center for more descriptive information.
4. I am supposed to get an email for approved budgets however I never receive an email?
There are a few reasons you may not receive a system generated email message.
a. Check to make sure the email address is entered correctly under the “My Profile” subtab on the ebilling Home tab.
b. Check spam and junk mail folders to be sure the email service provider does not think it is junk mail. The email will generally be from “firstname.lastname@example.org” where “rc.org” is the actual regional center.
c. Check and make sure the email address is valid by using a free email checker tool available online.
d. Check with the email provider, or in-house IT unit and make sure they have white listed the “@regional center” domain name.
1. Whom do I contact when eBilling is down?
Vendors should contact their Regional Center representative.
2. If I enroll in EFT, how long will it be before I receive my deposit?
It usually takes several days because a pre-note must be processed after you first enroll in EFT (or change your banking information). You will continue to receive checks. Once the pre-note is processed, you will receive your deposit after 2 business days. For example, if payments are issued on Wednesday the 15th, you should receive your deposit on Friday the 17th. Also, bank holidays and Regional Center holidays may differ, but you can check for a listing of scheduled deposit dates.
3. What do I do if my banking information changes?
Please fill out another enrollment form containing the section where information has changed and send it to the Regional Center. Notify the Regional Center by phone if a payment is imminent. Bank account changes will trigger a new pre-note. Depending on the timing, you may receive a paper check for your next payment.
4. What do I do if my contact information changes?
Please fill out another enrollment form with the information that has changed and send it to the Regional Center.
5. How big can an attachment be to upload to the eBilling application?
The maximum size allowed per attachment cannot exceed 2.0 MB, but it is recommended to keep attachments as small as possible to avoid using up storage. Submit attachments relevant to the invoice.
1. What are the minimum requirements to run eBilling?
eBilling users will need a device with Internet access using one of the supported browsers: IE9, IE10, Firefox or Chrome. Windows 7 or 8 operating systems can access eBilling using Google Chrome. Java-script must be enabled (Internet options > Security > Local intranet > custom level: Scripting ● Enabled. See system requirements for the browser of your choice to make sure your computer system meets the technical requirements.
2. How I do check what version my browser is?
Click on the link “Click here to detect browser” on the ebilling Login page. You can find this link right below the “Launch Application” button.
USERNAME / PASSWORD
1. Is there a character limit on the Username in the eBilling application?
There is no character limit for Username, but no spaces and/or special characters such as ( ! @ # $ % ^ & *) are allowed.
2. My password is expired. Whom should I contact to regain access to the eBilling application?
Key in your Username and click the “Forgot your password or need a password reset?” link on the eBilling login screen. Otherwise, contact the designated eBilling Administrator at your agency to reset the password for you. Make sure you provide the User ID to be reset.
3. Is there a format to follow for creating passwords?
There is no format to create a password for the eBilling application. Note: Passwords are case-sensitive.
4. How do you create a Password?
Passwords are case sensitive. Also, passwords expire every 90 days. You should get a reminder from the system two weeks in advance of the date your password will expire.
5. Can I use the same password after it has been reset?
Yes, but for your security, it is not recommended.
INVOICE - ENTRY
1. Using the check box calendar, when we enter the required attendance and update the invoice line, no units and dollars are computed. The invoice detail report says that pro-ration is required. What are we doing wrong?
When entering attendance using the check box calendar, be sure to check the “Full Month Service” check box if you have provided sufficient service to be paid for the full month. This check box will automatically populate if all days of the month are checked, but if there is even one day of absence, it is necessary to manually check this box in order to be paid for the entire month of service. If the authorization begins or ends mid-month, you will not be able to check the “Full Month Service” box. The Regional Center will need to verify the correct payment amount.
2. We are using the check box calendar for transportation services. Why are we are having problems when an authorization begins or ends during the month?
If the checkbox calendar is used and the authorization begins or ends during the month, the program is set to always compute the payment as zero (0) dollars. Notify the Regional Center that manual pro-ration is required when attendance is updated.
3. I am looking for my invoice but nothing is showing?
You must click on the ‘Search’ button to display invoices after entering search criteria. Make sure you have entered the information correctly. For example, when searching by service date, the correct format is MM/YYYY (08/2012). If the invoice is still not found, verify that it is after the date the Regional Center generates their invoices. If that date has passed, contact your Regional Center Purchase of Service contact.
4. Can I make changes to my invoice entry?
You can make changes until you click the ‘Submit’ button. If you realize that you have submitted an incorrect invoice, notify your Regional Center Purchase of Service contact as soon as possible.
5. If a Consumer is not listed on the Invoice, how can I bill for this consumer?
The authorization for the consumer may not have been active for the service period of the invoice at the time the invoice is generated. Contact your Regional Center Purchase of Service contact to determine the status of the authorization. Once the authorization is in place, a new invoice will need to be generated and transferred to the eBilling application so that billing may be completed. The one exception to this is for invoices with contract authorizations: some Regional Centers have authorized their vendors to add an invoice line for a consumer. If this feature has been enabled at the Regional Center, vendors with invoices that include a contract authorization will see the following button enabled:
The vendor will need to input the consumer name, UCI, authorization, and select the unit type as well as the attendance. In this situation, payment is made on the contract line and this added record is for “attendance only”.
If the invoice includes a contract authorization, and the Regional Center has not enabled adding an invoice line and a consumer is missing from the invoice, contact the Regional Center and ask that they regenerate the invoice with the added consumer line.
6. Why after entering billing for a consumer, the UPDATE and UPDATE-NEXT buttons are grayed out?
When opening an invoice, make sure that you click on the ‘Edit’ button located at the far right of the invoice, otherwise, that invoice will open in a “view only mode” and the ‘Update’ and ‘Update-Next’ buttons will be disabled. You will not be able to save your entries.
7. I hit the SUBMIT button and got an error message “Cannot submit invoice without updating all the records”, what am I missing?
This message means that all invoice lines have not been completed. To complete an invoice line, click on the invoice line to open it, enter attendance or no service or defer, and then click the ‘Update’ or ‘Update-Next’ buttons.
To check each invoice line to make sure that it has been updated, look for “red exclamation” icon preceding an invoice line as it indicates the invoice line has not been completed. You may also filter invoice lines so that only unprocessed invoice lines are displayed.
8. Do I have to open an invoice detail line just to mark no service or defer?
No, you can check the box preceding the consumer name, then click on either the “No Service” or “Defer” boxes to set an invoice line as either no service or deferred. Multiple consumer lines can be updated at one time. To un-check no service or defer, the invoice detail line must be opened and corrected.
9. Can I submit back-billings for a consumer on the eBilling application? How?
Yes, you can submit back-billings on the eBilling application. To do so, you will need to contact your Regional Center Purchase of Service contact and request that new invoices be generated and transferred to the eBilling application. Once that has been done, you will be able to update and submit the invoices.
10. Do I have to complete entry for the entire invoice at one time?
No, you may complete as many invoice detail lines as you would like, sign out and then sign on at another time. You may do this as often as you would like. As long as you are in edit mode and click the ‘Update’ or ‘Update-Next’ buttons after entering attendance on the detail line, your entry is saved.
11. Why is it that when searching for an individual consumer on multi-invoices even if you enter a UCI #, the whole invoice still comes up and not by consumer?
The application shows the invoices on which the UCI appears. The user has to find the line where the UCI is used. This feature works as designed.
12. When updating a multiple line invoice even though it is in alphabetical order of the consumer name, is there a way to type in UCI # or Authorization # to find the consumer faster?
No, however, the columns can be sorted by clicking the title at the top of the column, then scroll to find the data.
13. Can two users be in the same invoice updating information at the same time?
Yes, as long as they are not updating the same invoice detail line.
14. Does the In & Out Calendar allow for multiple In & Out times during the day?
No, you would need to adjust the hours to account for total hours worked. Then attach a documented time sheet.
15. Does the In & Out Calendar allow for multiple workers in one day?
No, list all workers in the name field and adjust total hours to accommodate the number of workers. Then attach documented time sheets.
1. What are the different types of Calendars?
● Check Box :
The check box calendar is designed for monthly services and allows the user to check boxes with a cursor.
● Unit Type:
The unit calendar is designed for non-monthly services and allows the user to enter a different number of units each day.
● In and Out:
The in and out calendar is designed for hourly, session, or visit service types. It allows the users to enter in and out times.
● One Time Purchase:
The one-time purchase calendar is designed for per item or variable service types. It allows users to enter the date, number, amount, description, and price of items purchased.
A. How do I fill out a Check Box Type Calendar?
The Check Box Calendar type has boxes that are selected with a cursor and are filled with a check mark.
1. Select the check box for the appropriate day.
2. Click on the check box.
3. A check mark will appear selecting the appropriate day.
4. To populate all days of the month, click the ‘Select All’ button.
5. To unselect all days of the month, click the ‘De-Select All’ button.
6. Don’t forget to check the “Full Month Service” box. Payment will be pro-rated if this box is not checked.
7. Verify your entries.
8. Click the ‘Update’ or ‘Update Next’ button to save your changes or entries.
B. How do I fill out a Unit Type Calendar?
The Unit Type Calendar has boxes that will accept unit of service entries.
1. Select the Unit box for the appropriate day.
2. Enter the number of units. You may enter a number with up to two decimal places.
3. To populate all days of the month, click the ‘Populate All’ button.
4. Select the “Weekdays Only” check box if you would like to populate only weekdays (Monday through Friday).
5. Enter the appropriate number of units.
6. Click the ‘OK’ button.
7. The calendar will be populated.
8. You can use the mouse or the tab key to move to each Unit Entry box on the calendar.
9. Enter or edit units directly in the attendance calendar entry box.
10. Verify your entries.
11. Click the ‘Update’ or ‘Update Next’ button to save your changes or entries.
C. How do I fill out an In and Out Calendar?
The In and Out Calendar type has the following columns/fields to enter each day of the month: Date, Day, Units, In Time, Out Time, and Worker Name. If the unit type is hour, the units will be calculated, otherwise, you must enter the number of units also. Dollars will be calculated based on units entered multiplied by the rate.
1. Click on the "In Time" field and enter the time in military time format (24 hour clock). Example: 16:10 is military time for 04:10 PM.
2. Tab or click on the "Out Time" field and enter the time in military time format.
3. Enter total Units for the day if the unit type is not hourly.
4. Tab or click on the "Worker Name" field and enter the worker’s name.
5. Verify your entries.
6. Click the ‘Update’ or ‘Update Next’ button to save your changes or entries.
D. How do I fill out a One Time Purchase Calendar?
The One Time Purchase Calendar type allows the entry of purchases.
1. Click on the ‘Add Row’ button.
2. Click on the Date field and select the appropriate date of purchase.
3. Tab or click on the Units field and enter the appropriate units.
4. Tab or click on the Amount field to enter the total amount.
5. Click the ‘Delete’ button on the row to delete the entry, if necessary.
6. Verify your entries.
7. Click the ‘Update’ or ‘Update Next’ button to save your changes or entries.
2. Where can I find Uniform Holiday Calendar?
The Uniform Holiday Calendar has been removed from the eBilling application effective 18th March 2015 as per the injunction issued dated 17th March 2015.
1. In the Payments tab, when you type a specific UCI number it returns all payment information and not just the payment information related to the specified consumer.
This payment search function shows all payments including that of the specified consumer. This search feature is functioning as designed.
2. Can payments from eBILLING invoices be imported in an electronic format and applied to services directly on providers billing system?
eBilling has several locations where CSV files can be created from the data. In the payment detail screen of eBilling, in the bottom right hand corner there is a Create CSV button. Because there are multiple systems a vendor may use, this is the most universal format that is offered. Your software vendor would need to be contacted to determine if you can create a file for upload from the CSV with the appropriate format for your billing application.
1. What are the different Roles?
● Vendor Administrator
● Vendor Supervisor
● Vendor Staff
● Vendor Staff – No Payment Access
The Vendor Administrator user role has access to the Home, Invoices, Payments, Reports, and Service Provider Management tabs. The Vendor Administrator role only has access to assigned service provider numbers; can create other vendor user and reader profiles; is able to edit, update, and submit invoices. The Vendor administrator is not able to create other Vendor Administrator profiles. The Vendor Administrator is able to create Vendor Supervisor, Vendor Staff, and Reader user profiles.
The Vendor Supervisor user role has access to the Home, Invoices, Payments, and Reports tabs. The Vendor Supervisor role only has access to assigned service provider numbers; cannot create other user profiles; and is able to edit, update, and submit invoices.
The Vendor Staff user role has access to the Home, Invoices, Payments, and Reports tabs. The Vendor Staff role only has access to assigned service provider numbers; cannot create other user profiles; and is able to edit and update invoices. The Vendor Staff user profile is not able to submit invoices.
Vendor Staff – No Payment Access
The Vendor Staff- No Payment Access user role has access to the Home, Invoices, and Reports tabs. The Vendor Staff – No Payment Access role only has access to assigned service provider numbers for invoices and invoice history and not payment history information; cannot create other user profiles; and is able to edit and update invoices. The Vendor Staff – No Payment Access user profile is not able to submit invoices.
The Reader user role has access to the Home, Invoices, Payments, and Reports tabs. The Reader is only able to view information for assigned service provider numbers. The Reader is unable to update, delete, or submit invoices. The Reader is unable to create other user profiles.
2. Can the Vendor request to change the role of a user ID?
Please contact the Regional Center’s eBilling contact.
1. Can you please let us know if there is a secret to setting up eBilling on an iPad?
Most likely you’re leaving out the “s” in “https” which is the most common problem for any platform. Try using this link directly: https://ebilling.dds.ca.gov:8xxx (where xxx = your Regional Center code).
2. Why is Vendor unable to access eBilling application?
The eBilling application is secured, encrypted and only accessible in United States. Vendors should contact their Network Support Team and request to allow http/https traffic on the port specified in the eBilling URL. Please contact the Regional Center eBilling Technical Support Team if you get a “Page Unavailable” or if you get kicked out of the application.
3. Vendor received an error message when they clicked on the ‘Search’ button under the Invoice tab on the eBilling application.
Sometimes users get this error if they hit the ‘Search’ button twice rapidly. The two requests are overlaping causing the error. The solution is to refresh the page by pressing the “F5” or “Ctrl+F5” key then click the ‘Search’ button only once.
4. Screen blanks out blue when you click on a date in the calendar.
The blue screen graphical glitch happens at specific resolutions and can be avoided by changing the resolution. The most common scenario for the error happens when the user is browsing in full screen mode. Just switching the browser to windowed mode will bring the regular screen appearance back. If the user is already in windowed mode then just dragging a corner of the window a nudge will bring the appearance back. You could also change the resolution of windows although that would be more inconvenient. The mode can be changed using the button next to the red X (for closing) in the upper right of the window.
This is what the button looks like in windowed mode:
This is what the button looks like in Full screen mode.
5. Solution for the display of "null" in search fields using Internet Explorer browser?
Select "Tools" / "Internet Options" from the Internet Explorer menu.
Click on the "Advanced" tab.
Click "Reset" and then "Reset" again when the confirmation window appears.
Click 'Close' and then 'OK' on the next two message windows.
Now close all Internet Explorer windows you have open.
Reopen Internet Explorer and log back into the eBilling application.
6. Vendor is having trouble uploading files smaller than the maximum 2 MB.
If the vendor is having trouble uploading files smaller than 2 MB, ensure the user does not leave the page before the upload is complete. The upload is not complete until the page refreshes and the uploaded file is listed in the download list.
7. What needs to be done when "The batch transfer service is locked" pop-up is displayed?
The below message is displayed when the database locks the batch process that failed.
The "Release Batch Process Lock" button under Administration -> Data Transfer tab has to be clicked. This button will release the database lock that's holding the pending job; then you can proceed with the process afterwards.
1. What is the envelope icon, located in the upper right hand corner of the Home tab screen, used for?
The ‘blue’ envelope icon allows users to send e-mail to the eBilling contact at the Regional Center.
2. What is the folded paper icon, located in the upper right hand corner of the Home tab screen, used for?
The ‘blue’ folded paper icon allows users to upload documents by selecting the file on their local drive and select the ‘Upload’ button to upload the document. NOTE: The maximum limit for the upload is 3 MB. For more information on how to open and save documents from the eBilling application, please contact the eBilling contact at the Regional Center.
3. What is the comment bubble icon, located in the upper right hand corner of the Home tab screen, used for?
The ‘blue’ comment bubble icon allows users to enter comments applicable to the currently displayed page. The comment can be accessed by returning to that specific page and select comment bubble icon. Comments attached to invoice headers and specific invoice lines will be flagged on several reports for Regional Center personnel.
4. What are the trainings available and where do I get the PowerPoint trainings?
Please contact your local Regional Center for eBilling training information.
1. What are the reports available?
There are seven (7) different reports available and they are:
1. Invoice Summary Report
2. Invoice Detail Report
3. Invoice History Report
4. Invoice History Detail Report
5. Submitted Invoice Report
6. EFT Payment History Summary Report
7. EFT Payment History Detail Report
2. What are the formats for the available reports?
The Reports are available in two (2) formats – Adobe PDF (Free Adobe Reader required) and Microsoft Excel (CSV). The PDF report can be viewed, saved and printed. The Excel report can be re-arranged, sorted and printed. NOTE: You must have Excel in order to manipulate the CSV report.
3. How do I generate the Excel or CSV format of the reports?
Enter the necessary filter criteria and click the ‘Submit’ button. The ‘Create CSV’ button appears along with PDF report. Click the ’Create CSV’ button to generate the Excel format.
4. A Warning pop-up appears with message – “XXXX.csv may contain features that are not compatible with CSV (Comma delimited). Do you want to keep this workbook in this format” when I try to ‘Save/Save As’ the CSV report.
This message is coming from Microsoft Excel. There is no fix to this message. Just Click the ‘Yes’ button, and it will save the file.
5. How do I print or save the reports in Adobe PDF format?
To print or save the PDF report, click on the appropriate icons available on the PDF. In the Chrome browser, click the “Open in a new window” link above the PDF for the icons to appear to print or save.
6. Do we have an option to delete the Un-submitted Invoices?
No, there’s no option available to delete the Un-submitted invoices in eBilling application. Please contact the Department of Developmental Services service desk to perform the deletion.
ELECTRONIC ATTENDANCE (DS1964.xls & Large_DS1964.xls)
1. Is there a comprehensive document that explains eAttendance through the eBilling application?
Please contact your local Regional Center.
2. I have vendors who keep asking if there is a way to upload a document which will basically auto fill in all the information. Is this possible?
Vendors are able to directly export information from their billing system into the XML format provided by DDS. Please contact the Regional Center for the correct XML format. The XML document is then uploaded through the invoice ‘XML Upload Tab’ on the eBilling application.
3. What version of Excel is required to be used for eAttendance spreadsheet?
Any current version of MS Excel 32 bit or 64 bit can be used.
The most current DS 1964 form can be found on the SEP/WAP Work services web page.http://www.dds.ca.gov/WorkServices/Forms.cfm
4. How do you download an eAttendance invoice from the eBilling application?
To download an eAttendance invoice from the eBilling application:
a. Log on to the eBilling application.
b. Enter and select your Service provider number (SPN) on the Home tab screen.
c. At the bottom of the screen, you will see the “Files Available for Download” section. There must be available invoices listed in this section.
d. Select on the ‘Download’ button on the invoice line you wish to download. If your Pop-up Blocker is ON, you may have to allow download scripts to run in order to proceed.
e. Select the ‘Save’ button.
f. Choose the destination folder of the file you want to save on your computer. Please do not change the file name. The eBilling application will not recognize the file if the name is changed.
g. Select the ‘Save’ button.
h. The downloaded invoice will be saved as an .XLS file on your computer.
i. Select the ‘Open’ button to view the file immediately. Select the ‘Close’ button to view the file at a later time.
INVOICE XML UPLOAD
1. What is the “Invoice XML Upload” tab under the invoices tab for?
The ‘Invoice XML Upload’ tab is used by Vendors to attach XML invoices to the eBilling application. The ‘Invoice XML Upload’ tab is used by Regional Center to transfer the XML invoices from eBilling application to the Uniform Fiscal System.
Click here for Instructions and XML Schema.